About this role:
The International Mental Health Association (IMHA) is recruiting a Global Mental Health Social Media Manager to support organizational activities and growth focused on global mental health in communities across Africa, Asia and North America. We love our work and want to continue expanding efforts in the coming years. In this role, you'll be creating content, managing accounts and collaborating with the team to build awareness for what IMHA does.
• This is a voluntary position that requires a minimum of 4 hours/week commitment
• We ask for a 3 month commitment initially, if we like working together, you're welcome to stay longer!
What you'll be doing:
• Content Creation - From start-to-finish, you'll be creating engaging, trauma-informed content focused on our work, the work our partners do and global mental health at-large.
• Platform Management - We currently use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok. In this role you'll be scheduling posts, responding to messages and managing activity across these platforms.
• Collaboration - This role requires collaboration both within our team and with our partners. If you like working with others and being creative, this is the role for you!
Essential for this role:
• Passion for mental health and commitment to social justice
• Prior experience with marketing, ideally with social media
• Flexibility, creativity, humility and humor
• Ability to work from home
• Advanced-level English skills, any other language skill are a plus!
About our team:
Our team is based across Africa, Asia and North America with backgrounds in management, marketing, social work, psychology and education. We're committed to approaching mental health in creative, culturally-grounded and trauma-informed ways.
Our work style is responsive to the needs of the communities we work with, so flexibility is key - we'd rather laugh when the internet goes out than let it derail a meeting. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and are happy to answer any questions about this role at email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you're excited to join our team and how you'd like to contribute.